Saga is, above all else, a rich text editor made for effortless, focused writing. To see how it works, simply open a page and start typing. You can learn some of tricks below to level up. 👇
Blocks of content
Pages in Saga are customizable. You can adapt each page to your specific needs — whether that's adding a bulleted list in a meeting note, adding a checklist as a to-do, or separating parts of your document with large headings. Every type of content, whether images, text, lists, etc. is called a block. You can add the following blocks inside a page:
- To-do List
- Heading — Large
- Heading — Medium
- Heading — Small
- Bullet Point
- Numbered List
- Callout Block
- Inline Equation
Adding blocks with the autocomplete menu
Typing in Saga creates a text block by default. The easiest way to add other types of blocks is through the autocomplete menu:
- hit @ or / to open up the autocomplete menu and view block suggestions
- Type @bullet or @numbered and then press Enter to add a bulleted or numbered list for example.
- Type @todo to add a To-do list item.
Adding blocks with markdown
Saga supports markdown shortcuts if that's your style.
- Type minus - then Space to create a bullet point.
- Or type ## and then Space for a medium-sized heading.
Changing existing blocks
Once created, blocks can easily be turned into a different type of block. You can even turn multiple blocks into a different type of block at once. Here's how:
- Select blocks with your cursor to open the Hovering Toolbar above your selection.
- Click on the dropdown icon at the beginning of the menu to turn your block into a different type.
Use Tab to indent blocks and Shift + Tab to unindent them. Select multiple blocks to indent them at once.
Formatting selected text
Select text to open the Hovering Toolbar. You'll see buttons for B, 𐌆, and U. Try them out to make the text bold, italic, or underlined. Use the usual shortcuts if you prefer:
- Select text and press Ctrl / ⌘ + B for bold text
- Select text and press Ctrl / ⌘ + I for italic text
- Select text and press Ctrl / ⌘ + U for underlined text
Drag and drop
Blocks in pages can be moved up and down with drag and drop. Hover over a block with your cursor and a ☰ icon will appear to the left of the block. Click and hold the icon to rearrange it up and down the page.
Quick Edit Mode
Have you ever wanted to quickly edit a page without opening it? Simply hover over a page link and press the pen icon to quickly edit the page. When you’re done, press the X button or Esc to close quick edit mode.
Side by Side View
With Saga you can edit two pages at the same time and even drag and drop content between them.
Find answers to common questions about writing and editing.
Can I drag and drop multiple blocks at the same time?
Yes! Select multiple blocks and try to drag them from the handlebar on the left side.