Meeting notes, specs, plans, or even daily notes often contain the same structure. It’s now easy and fast to start from your template or use any pre-defined ones we’ve added to the templates gallery in Saga.
Creating a template
There are three ways to create a template.
- From the New Page button — Hover over the New Page button in the sidebar. Click on the ⧠ Window Icon. Type in the new template name and click on Create Template.
- From an existing page — Create a new page that you want to turn into a template. Click on the ⋯ button in the top right ↗️ corner of the page and then click on Create Template.
- From the templates gallery — Hover over the New Page button in the sidebar and click on the ⧠ window icon on the right side. Then click on Explore Templates to open the templates picker. You can create your templates or explore the pre-defined ones.
💡 Tip — You can turn any existing page into a template and pre-define its collections and page icon.
Applying a template to a page
There are two ways to create a new page from a template.
- From the New Page button — Hover over the New Page button and click on the ⧠ Window Icon. Select from a list of recently used templates or click on Explore Templates to explore more options.
- From an empty page — Create a new page, hover above the page title, and click on the + Template button. If you've added a page title already before applying the template, the title will be kept. Using a template in this way is possible only if the page content is empty.
Editing a template
You can edit your templates by opening the Templates Gallery.
To do that, hover over the New Page button in the sidebar and click on the ⧠ Window Icon on the right side. Then click on Explore Templates.
Select one of your templates and head to the top right corner, and click on Edit Template.
Once you are in edit mode, you will see the label above the template title You are editing a template. Page changes are auto-saved, and you don't have to save your changes. The new template will be applied to new pages created from it but it won't change existing ones.
Find answers to common questions about page templates.
If I create a template from an existing page, what happens to that page?
The new template will duplicate the content from the existing page. The existing page will still be part of your workspace and will exist independently from your newly created template.
Can I pre-define a collection for a template?
Yes! You can add your template to a collection. New pages created from this template will be part of the same collection.
Can I pre-define an icon for a template?
Yes! You can add an icon to a template. New pages created from such template will have the same icon.
Can I edit the suggested templates?
Suggested templates are pre-defined for each workspace in Saga and were created by the Saga team. If you have suggestions for improvements or ideas for new templates, please contact us.