At Saga, we are looking for multiple Full Stack Engineers to join our Engineering team. We are a small (but growing) remote company building a platform to connect knowledge and give teams contextual information at a glance.
What makes Saga different is the ability to author content while having an overview of any piece of information that might be relevant to your current work.
What working for our Engineering Team will be:
- We will explore two core directions in the next year: 1) make Saga the best tool for teams to collaborate on knowledge creation; 2) integrate Saga with external tools to allow teams to have an overview of their extended knowledge.
- No stone left unturned: as we’re a small team collaborating on every issue, expect to touch every part of the product at some point, from frontend to backend to scaling our infrastructure. This doesn’t mean you need to know it all already. Every team member brings in their unique expertise, and we all learn from each other.
- Collaboration over individual contribution. We collaborate most of the time over video. This means pair programming and deciding as a group how to move forward with any issue. Every two weeks, we decide together what to focus on, then we tackle those problems together to completion.
- Flexible working hours. We strive to work together as much as possible to increase our collective throughput, but you will be able to set your own schedule and adjust your hours depending on your needs.
- You will face hard technical challenges. We need to scale our product to digest information of ever-increasing orders of magnitude while keeping the user experience as simple as it can be.
- Customer-facing, always. We have communities on Discord, Slack, and Reddit, you will be able to assess directly user feedback and iterate on it.
- Open-source. We support and actively contribute to open source libraries that power Saga. You will have a chance to work on software that will be used by the open-source community at large.
What we’re looking for:
- You have experience with or interest in React, Typescript, Node.js. Optionally, you have experience with GraphQL, Postgres, Firebase.
- You know how to start a project from scratch. You have built an impressive side project, led a project in school or you have been a founder before.
- You think product-first. You want to create something used and loved by millions and are careful about shipping with customers in mind.
- You can use your communication skills to make remote work a joy. You will seldomly see your colleagues in person, therefore communication is key. We document everything we do, and strive to have an open communication culture.
What we offer in return:
- Generous compensation and employee-friendly equity options in Saga
- 25 days paid vacation days on top of public holidays in your country
- Flexible working hours
- Home office equipment
- Team retreats every few months in beautiful locations around the world (depending on Covid situation)
Please note that benefits may vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us.
Diversity and inclusion:
We think diversity makes any company the best company it can be. We believe different backgrounds mean different points of view that can make us stronger and more robust as a company. We welcome people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions. We all live in different countries, speak different languages, have been or still are immigrants ourselves. We all had unorthodox careers, before starting Saga.
No matter where you come from or what your background is, we want to hear from you!
If you have any disability that might impact the interview process, please let us know if there’s any way we can make it better for you!
How to apply:
Please tell us in 1-2 short paragraphs why you want to work with us on Saga and include any links (github, portfolio) or files (CV, resume) that best explain your experience.
We value passion and integrity. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Join us!